While proposed changes in school zoning to alleviate the overcrowding of P.S. 8 is happening, a new private school option for parents is Sage Heights. They are holding a set of open houses for its new progressive private school. Coming to Brooklyn Heights in the fall of 2016, the school offers the unique Harvard approach of Mind Brain Education.
Parents who have children reaching the age of 2 or higher have an opportunity to learn about Sage Heights coming to Brooklyn fall of 2016 at one of their open houses. To RSVP, go to sageheights.com/vip-access
From Sage Heights:
Did you know?
- Acceptance rates at local private schools are <10%. (St. Ann’s stops counting requests for Kindergarten interviews at 300 for 30 spots)
- If you are not affiliated with a school by the time your child is 2 you are late to the game. Siblings fill all most all of the 2’s program at The Plymouth Church School. Last year Packer had one male rising Kindergartener who did not start in their Pre-K program.
- If you are not a legacy, or have a child already enrolled, or if you have not contributed charitably you are less likely to be accepted at the local prestigious private schools
- So far District 13 (public schools zoned for Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO/Vinegar Hill/Ft. Greene/Downtown Brooklyn) needs ~3000 seats for additional students by 2020 and the city is only prepared to build ~1000
Secure your spot as the Sage Heights Open Houses fill up quickly. RSVP
Why you should attend:
- You are a parent getting your head around the schools in the area, frustrated by the application process and changes in the district
- You are interested in a progressive approach to education that focuses not only on high academic achievement but social and emotional development (MBE)
- You are looking for an opportunity to become a Founding Family, receive the early-entry discounted tuition or secure a long-term spot in a school
- You are simply exploring all the options for your child(ren) in Brooklyn