Apparantly the 124 unit One Main Street building is so exclusive that it has two penthouse units on the market. The first one is the 14th floor, two bedroom 3208 sq.ft. condo that was previously Brooklyn’s most expensive condo at $7million has been listed at $8.5million ($890/mo RE tax, $2061/mo maintenance). The other penthouse, THE penthouse at One Main, is the one featured in NY Times this weekend is on the market for $25million. The photos of this condo look incredible.
Here are the stats:
- A triplex penthouse apartment at 1 Main Street in Dumbo for $25million (more than double the highest price known to have been paid for a home in Brooklyn.)
- Four 14 foot high round clocks
- A glass-walled elevator and a three-story floating staircase at the center of the space
- Main Floor: 3,000 square foot main floor with 16 foot high ceilings
- Second Floor: 2,300 square foot, three bedrooms
- Third Floor: 988-square-foot open loft with a 15-foot ceilings
- Top “crow’s nest”: A staircase that goes to the top of the building.
NY Times has some photos in a slideshow here. We saw the solarium (crow’s nest) built in early 2008. The photos and views from the condo are probably the best views money can buy for a private residence in Brooklyn and arguably in NYC.
This is a unit you can’t compare, but just for fun, if you combine the 18 penthouse units in 70 Washington, you could have purchased them all for $28million which would give you over 22,000 sq.ft. and $11,000 per month maintenance fees. Mr. Walentas mentions that this is “one-of-a-kind space that would appeal only to a one-of-a-kind buyer.” Will you buy it?