Aside from the DUMBO First Thursday Gallery Walk, here are five other events For tomorrow, Thursday in Dumbo 6/7/07
- By Fribert Cocktail Reception at Tivoli Home
- Curatorial Talk: Photography and Contemporary Tactics @ Brooklyn Arts Council
- powerHouse Books and Room Service/Brooklyn Bodega launch The Third Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival
- Thursday night JAZZ Series at Bargemusic
- Paella Night at Rice
(Scroll down for details)
1) By Fribert Cocktail Reception at Tivoli Home
When: Thursday, June 7, 6:00 – 9:00
Where: Tivoli Home (in the DUMBO General Store Bar * Cafe) 111 Front Street
“Join us at Tivoli Home to meet Danish textiles designer Kirsten Fribert. Preview the new collection while enjoying white wine and Danish vodka cocktails. Colorful pillows, table linens, tote bags and more – perfect for summer living.”
2) Curatorial Talk: Photography and Contemporary Tactics @ Brooklyn Arts Council
When: Thursday, June 7 from 6 – 8pm
Where: BAC Gallery is located at 111 Front Street, Suite 218
Curator Meredith Wisner will discuss the contentious relationship between photography and painting, from early modernism to the present day. Wisner will outline the points of interaction between the two mediums as well as the critical arguments that resulted in their division. The current erosion of this line of reasoning will be considered in terms of some contemporary works. Participating artists include Rahul Alexander, Monique Ford, Jade Getz, and RenÃ© Smith.
Meredith Wisner is currently working as an assistant archivist at CondÃ© Nast Corporation, cataloging a recently acquired collection of fashion illustrations by the artist Carl Erickson. She received her Masterâ€™s degree in the History of Art and Design, Theory and Criticism at Pratt Institute. Her Masterâ€™s thesis, Michal Rovner and the Painterly Photograph, challenges the notion of the photograph as document, and seeks to expose the critical underpinnings of that idea.
3) powerHouse Books and Room Service/Brooklyn Bodega launch The Third Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival
When: Thursday, June 7, 2007, from 6â€“9pm
Where: The powerHouse Arena, 37 Main Street (at Water Street), Brooklyn
The Third Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival Launches with Stax Records 50th Anniversary Celebration
– Music by Large Professor and Uncle Ralph McDaniels
– Giveaways All Night Long from Stax Records, Wax Poetics, powerHouse Books, and Brooklyn Bodega
– Drinks provided by Brooklyn Brewery
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (* Put RSVP in subject line)
4) Thursday night JAZZ Series at Bargemusic
When: Thursday, June 7, 8pm
Where: Bargemusic, Fulton Ferry Landing, Brooklyn
The first Jazz Night on the Barge with legendary Jazz pianist and composer Dick Hyman.
5) Paella Night at Rice
When: Thursday, June 7, 12pm-11pm
Where: Rice, 81 Washington Street
To list your event, please email me at email@example.com with your event title, date/time, details, and location. I’ll do my best to include it on the website. Thanks!