BKLYN DESIGNS 2007, NY’s hippest design show, will return to Dumbo, Brooklyn, May 11 – 13, 2007. The annual three-day exhibition will feature the borough’s top established and emerging designers of contemporary indoor and outdoor furniture, rugs, lighting and accessories. A record-breaking BKLYN DESIGNS line-up of 64 exhibitors, including 30 newcomers and 35 show veterans will launch their 2007 spring collections. This year will have several exhibitors with sustainable products and green solutions.
St. Ann’s Warehouse will serve as the show hub but as we’ve seen in the past, the entire Dumbo neighborhood will be alive with events, gallery openings and parties. This show kicks off the many summer events and festivals that occur in the neighborhood. Bklyn Designs exhibitors are selected by a jury, which includes prominent designers as well as editors from leading design and shelter magazines. The show gives attendees a chance to be among the first in the world to see the new design trends as they are being set. Many of the trends show up in more mainstream furniture retail stores a year later. A must for art, design, and architecture lovers!
DATE/TIME: Friday, May 11, 10am – 8pm; Saturday, May 12, 10am – 7pm; and Sunday, May 13, 11am – 6pm
PLACE: 3 DUMBO Brooklyn Locations – St. Ann’s Warehouse, 38 Water Street; Smack Mellon Gallery, 92 Plymouth Street & the BD Annex, 81 Front Street
- Largest- ever BKLYN DESIGNS line-up of 64 jury-selected exhibitors
- 29 Debuts featuring up-and-coming designers exhibiting for their first time
- 20 Green Designers to show a host of clever green solutions/products for home/office
- BKLYN DESIGNS+ – a brand new cash-and-carry market of fashion and home accessories
- A look at the next generation Pratt Institute student exhibit + design competition
For the listing of all the exhibitors, go to www.brooklyndesigns.net/exhibitors.html.