Style Reboot Pop Up Shop opens in Dumbo on Thursday, April 3, 2014. WorkShopStyle.com is hosting the pop up shop in conjunction with Dumbo based EHVonnae, Glamsquad.com, and Kookopa.com. This limited time event ends on Sunday, April 6, 2014.
Style Reboot’s mission is to bring the best online fashion and beauty – offline – for one weekend.
Location: 145 Front Street, Brooklyn NY 11201
Thursday, April 3, 6-8pm
Friday-Sunday, April 4-6, 12-8pm
As part of the Kunsthalle’s Invitational, Zhe Zhe will will screen “Zhemale Trouble” on Thursday, April 3 (as part of Dumbo First Thursdays) at 8pm at the Kunsthalle, with a live performance to follow at 9 pm.
“While Zhe Zhe may be a band best known for their shocking stage theatrics and radical gender politics, beneath all the glitter and rhetoric are two people, singer Mona DeLiza and virtuoso guitarist Jean D’Arc, who through their perfectly crafted “Post P(Op)” anthems are giving the world the soul reassignment surgery we so desperately need.”
- “Uncle” Fester Bangs
Catch Zhe Zhe live April 3rd at Kunsthalle Galapagos after a short introductory film “Zhemale Trouble”. Screening at 8pm, show at 9 pm.
Kunsthalle Galapagos (kunsthallegalapagos.com
16 Main Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Explore a multitude of cutting-edge innovations in furnishings, lighting and home accessories hand-crafted by Brooklyn-based designers. Leading industry experts from New York Magazine, Remodelista and Interior Design Magazine have juried-in the best and brightest of Brooklyn’s design talent.
Main exhibition space:
and other design venues throughout Dumbo:
Betsey Lee, 26 Jay Street (and Plymouth Street)
Baxter & Liebchen, 33 Jay Street (and Plymouth Street)
Brooklyn Roasting Company, 25 Jay Street (and John Street)
Made in NY Media Center, 30 John Street (between Pearl and Jay Street)
* A Conversation with Cliff Kuang, senior editor of WIRED
* A panel discussion moderated by New York Magazine’s Wendy Goodman, co-presented by Pratt Institute and desigNYC
Jay Street will be open to pedestrians only, don’t miss weekend long street activities:
* Behind-the-scenes tours of the soon to be opened John Street section of Brooklyn Bridge Park
* Kidville Brooklyn’s Outdoor Play Lounge on Jay Street
* Recreate the DUMBO landscape with Creatively Wild’s object art
* Find your zen with outdoor yoga classes for all ages by Abhaya Yoga
* Learn to Double Dutch the Brooklyn way with University Settlement
* Assorted Brooklyn food trucks: BKLYN BITES ON JAY ST
Tickets are $15 online (in advance) or $20 at the door.
Dates and Times:
Friday May 9, 2014 10am – 8pm Opening Party at 8pm
Saturday May 10, 2014 10am – 7pm
Sunday May 11, 2014 11am – 6pm (Mothers’ Day)
For more information, please visit www.bklyndesigns.com.