Dumbo will live up to its namesake when flying elephants descend upon Washington Street tomorrow (Thurs, 9/28) at The Great DUMBO Drop! For the first time ever, everyone’s favorite street for photos in Brooklyn will feature food and family fun during this new annual block party hosted by the Dumbo BID.
Starting at 6PM, mini dumbos will parachute down from rooftops onto Washington Street and depending on where it lands, you can win a $500 shopping spree in the neighborhood! All you have to do is adopt your own baby elephant for $20.
You can also expect some local fun in the festivities:
- Live performances by female drumline FogoAzul New York City, Preschool Of Rock, 13-year old DJ Kai Song
- Tasty bites from Dumbo’s best new restaurants and old favorites like Cecconi’s, Celestine, melt bakery, Smile To Go, Untamed Sandwiches, VHH Foods, Westville, AlMar Dumbo, Bread & Spread, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Front Street Pizza
- Arts and crafts with Creatively WILD Art Studio, Smack Mellon, Eladia’s Kids and Recess dumbo
- Instant prints of glam shots with Luster
- Rock climbing wall
- After Party in the Archway with DUMBO’s only Japanese pop band, Gaijin A Go Go!