The 300 car capacity parking garage at 60 Water Street (aka 37 Front Street, which replaced the now demolished 21 Front Street garage, and the Nova Clutch building before that) is now open. The additional parking spaces give drivers and residents with another parking option in Dumbo, which has seen parking lots close over the years. With the increase of tourists and businesses in the area, additional parking space alleviates cars that circle around the blocks looking for limited street parking. We spoke with a few garage attendants in the area who tell us that “a lot of existing monthly accounts have moved to 60 Water Street”, even with the higher prices, because 60 Water is a park and lock (self park) garage.
Here’s a list of the indoor parking garages in Dumbo (The advertised monthly rates for comparison):
- 60 Water Street (aka 37 Front Street) – 300 car capacity, monthly rate $407.71
- 85 Adams Street – 52 car capacity, monthly rate $362.40 (718-596-4137)
- 100 Jay Street (between York and Front Streets) – 424 car capacity, monthly rate (inquire)
- 55 Washington Street – 120 car capacity, monthly rate $362.40, enter on Adams Street, between Front and Water Streets
- 50 Washington Street (aka 45 Main Street, 718-222-0500) – 150 car capacity, monthly rate $385.05, enter on Main Street, 718-246-9201between Front and Water Streets
- 20 Jay Street (between Plymouth and John Streets, 718-254-9141) – 120 car capacity, monthly rate $339.75