Explore a multitude of cutting-edge innovations in furnishings, lighting and home accessories hand-crafted by Brooklyn-based designers. Leading industry experts from New York Magazine, Remodelista and Interior Design Magazine have juried-in the best and brightest of Brooklyn’s design talent.
Main exhibition space:
and other design venues throughout Dumbo:
Betsey Lee, 26 Jay Street (and Plymouth Street)
Baxter & Liebchen, 33 Jay Street (and Plymouth Street)
Brooklyn Roasting Company, 25 Jay Street (and John Street)
Made in NY Media Center, 30 John Street (between Pearl and Jay Street)
* A Conversation with Cliff Kuang, senior editor of WIRED
* A panel discussion moderated by New York Magazine’s Wendy Goodman, co-presented by Pratt Institute and desigNYC
Jay Street will be open to pedestrians only, don’t miss weekend long street activities:
* Behind-the-scenes tours of the soon to be opened John Street section of Brooklyn Bridge Park
* Kidville Brooklyn’s Outdoor Play Lounge on Jay Street
* Recreate the DUMBO landscape with Creatively Wild’s object art
* Find your zen with outdoor yoga classes for all ages by Abhaya Yoga
* Learn to Double Dutch the Brooklyn way with University Settlement
* Assorted Brooklyn food trucks: BKLYN BITES ON JAY ST
Tickets are $15 online (in advance) or $20 at the door.
Dates and Times:
Friday May 9, 2014 10am – 8pm Opening Party at 8pm
Saturday May 10, 2014 10am – 7pm
Sunday May 11, 2014 11am – 6pm (Mothers’ Day)
For more information, please visit www.bklyndesigns.com.