Maybe you’re watching the inauguration today at the office, home, or a venue in Dumbo, and is a new day for America. Barack Obama is now our 44th President of the United States of America. For those of us who would like to continue our own celebrations in the neighborhood, below are the events happening tonight:
- powerHouse Arena (37 Main Street, Brooklyn) – Yes We Can Exhibition, through February 8, 2009
- Smack Mellon (92 Plymouth Street, Brooklyn) – Inaugural Ball, Tuesday, January 20th, 7pm-12am. Live performances featuring, A farewell speech by Dick Cheney, Eric Payson and Voices from the Paramedia, Nora York, DJ $mall change, Dancing. Cash bar and food by the Red Hook Vendors. (Tickets sold out!)
- Water Street Restaurant & Lounge (66 Water Street, Brooklyn) – Watch coverage of the event on the TVs and catch food specials all day.
- Superfine (126 Front Street, Brooklyn) – Tue, January 20, 7pm; Join an eclectic crew of movers and shakers as they welcome a new day, an historic office and a new place in history for the American soul. Music will be provided by Rob Roberson and Friends, former backing band for Ray Charles and Smokey Robinson. Guest DJs throughout the night.
- reBar (147 Front Street, Brooklyn) – Drink specials all day. Try the “Obama-slammer, Joe Biden’s Apt, Rusty Nail-N Palin, Bush/Cheney Kool Aid, McCain Slam”