There’s only one full week left for your Christmas shopping. You don’t have to travel far for your Dumbo holiday party gifting with many new (and existing) retailers in the neighborhood. So if you must buy a gift for your co-worker or family member, don’t panic. Below are just a few of the many items for sale in the neighborhood to consider.
(1) Gift: The TwistTogether LampTM is a revolutionary new lamp that appeals to all ages. Individual blocks connect together and illuminate with a simple twist. Each block illuminates with LEDs which provide a low-voltage and long lasting light source while consuming less power than a standard night light. Many configurations are possible from a single set of blocks. Connect multiple sets together for even more possibilities! The creative options expand indefinitely through our growing collection of TwistTogetherTM objects.
Price: Four piece set $109
(Buy online at twisttogetherlamp.com)
(2) Gift: Black Leather Trimmed Credit Card Case – An exterior black leather trim has been added to this woven stainless steel credit card case. Although durable and resistant to corrosive materials such as salts, acids and seawater, Stewart/Stand wallets feel like silk to the touch.
(Stewart/Stand, 165 Front St., Dumbo Brooklyn)
(3) Gift: Porcelain vases (various sizes) or linking circles sculpture.
Price: Prices range from $16 to $125. The linking circles sculpture is $110.
(Journey, 166 Water St., Dumbo, Brooklyn)
(4) Gift: The BoConcept Xtra Ottoman Sleeper is the perfect gift for the host who has invited one too many guests. The revolutionary pressure-relieving, allergen resistant mattress gives you the sleep comfort like no other convertible beds.
Price: Starts at $499
(purchase at Boconcept, 79 Front St., Dumbo Brooklyn)
Ottoman at boconcept.com
(5) Gift: Bestselling photo book on Brooklynites: Brooklynites by Seth Kusher and Anthony Lasala. (PowerHouse Books has many more best selling books on sale for the holidays.)
(powerHouse Arena, 37 Main Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn)
(6) Gift: Village of Towers – An exquisite, open-ended wooden construction toy that inspires creative thinking, enhances the child’s sorting skills, and encourages the development of spatial placement. The brightly colored wood is attractive to children and feels good in their curious hands. The building possibilities are endless, but then the play is done, all 27 pieces nest into the larges cube for easy storage. The large cube measures 9″X9″X9″.
(ModernTots, 53 Pearl St., Dumbo, Brooklyn)
(7) Gift: A Four-Faced Buddha Head, which shows a Buddha with four different human emotions on his face (angry, sad, content, and joyous). Also available in different sizes.
(Jay East, 67 Jay Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn, 718.237.8430)
(8) Gift: Eva Solo Oil/ Vinegar Bottle, Designed by Claus Jensen & Henrik Holbaek from Denmark (10″ H x 3.25 Diameter)
(Tivoli Home, 111 Front Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn)
(9) Gift: Maloles GEORGE IN BRONZ; Metallic leather flat shoes with elastane.
(ZOE, 68 Washington Street, Dumbo, Brooklyn, 718.237.4002)