[5/15/07 – For a recap of the meeting, go here: Dumbo Town Meeting 2007 Recap]
Monday May 14 – 6:30PM at Powerhouse Arena (Corner of Main & Water Streets)
Open to all who live or work in DUMBO – especially welcoming all the new residents who have moved in or are moving in to DUMBO this year
There will be a Jazz and Wine reception with gourmet treats donated by neighborhood sponsors such as Foragers, Retreat & Ferrigno’s.
- BBPrez Marty Markowitz and City Councilman David Yassky are scheduled to attend, and perhaps Congresswoman Nydia Velasquez – talk to the electeds and let them know what you think.
- Hear featured speaker Jonathan Butler, recently “outed” host of Brownstoner.com, now that he has gone public.
- Also hear Lisa Kersavage of the Municipal Arts Society speak on DUMBO’s unique industrial landscape and the historic Brooklyn waterfront.
- See the acclaimed short film “Dumbo, Then and Now”.
- We are also having a door prize raffle with great gifts from neighborhood sponsors – free dinners at Water St Bar & Grill, Superfine and Five Front, Merchandise from Tivoli Home, Lifepop and Modern Tots, Pies from Bubby’s, Gift certificates to La Bagel Delight, Stewart/Stand, Zoe, Bridgestone Cleaners, Half Pint and others, Framed Photograph from artist Octavio Molina, CD’s from local musicians, Free fitness classes from The Fitness Guru and Noodle Yoga and more.
Mingle, meet your neighbors and perhaps voice your opinion during our open mike Q&A. Please come and find out more about your ‘hood, meet your neighbors and support the efforts of the DNA in keeping the community informed, improving infrastructure and services and sponsoring fun community events.