1)Two Day Monster Art/Music Festival
When: Friday March 23, 7pm – 3am; Saturday March 24, 3pm – 12am
Where: 147 Front Street, 2nd Floor, DUMBO Brooklyn
Info: $20 for a One Day Pass and $25 for a Two Day Pass.
Buy your ticket online to guarantee admission.
- 20 hours of theatrical figure drawing with 25 nude and costumed art models holding dynamic gesture, short and long poses (4hour) throughout the whole event. 5-8 models in each pose.
- 5-8 models a pose, 4 hour pose at all times, gestures, and 15’s. There will always be something to draw and you will be able to change seats and drawings
- Collaborative projects and activities by Brooklyn Art Collective and Artworld Digest Magazine.
- Disfiguration Art Show featuring work by Michael Alan, Matt Brennan, Tim Maxwell, Barnaby Ruhe, Jenn DeWald and Will Suarez.
- Live music from 8 unbelievable bands including: the Hungry Marching Band, the Krays, Rocket Surgery, the Bones of Davey Jones, Naked Boys Making Noise, BonBomb, Biz and the Rolling Stallones and DJ Junglez.
- Full bar and food available by Retreat with an after party to follow at Retreat Saturday night 12am – 3am.
- Live silk screening by Ad Hoc Gallery.
- Amazing giveaways from our sponsors: Blick Art Supply, Crumpler Bags, MetroInk and P.S. Bookshop.
2)Coercive Atmospherics at d.u.m.b.o. arts center
What: Opening weekend for Coercive Atmospherics
When: Saturday March 24, 2007, 6 – 9 pm; Exhibition through May 13, 2007
Where: d.u.m.b.o. arts center (dac), 30 Washington Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Curator: David Hunt
Artists: Sam Clagnaz, Devon Costello, David Kennedy Cutler, Taylor Davis, Regina Jose Galindo, Gareth Long, MaryKate Maher, Samantha Moyer, Luke Painter, Ted Oâ€™Sullivan, Stephen G. Rhodes, Tim Roda, Pawel Wojtasik, and Balint Zsako.
3)Youth Venture New York Media Network Gathering
When: Friday, March 23rd from 5-7pm
Where: 25 Washington St., 4th Floor, DUMBO, Brooklyn
Info: You MUST RSVP (with first and last name) for admission
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212 278 8930
Youth Venture New York Media Network Gathering
“Come enjoy an evening of workshops, a films screening, refreshments, and hang-out time with other fun young media people!”
- Watch a screening of Still Standing, a youth-made YO-TV documentary portraying the challenges faced by Hurricane Katrina survivors. Followed by a discussion with one of the filmâ€™s producers, Ines Morales
- Learn how to use media to raise awareness and inspire action around important social issues with Irene VillaseÃ±or, Youth Views Manager at American Documentary | P.O.V.
- Find out how to make money and manage it in order to make your dreams become reality from Wallace Jabbaar and Yamira Siu-Jabbaar of Primerica Financial Services
- Get info about how to take advantage of the grant and support opportunities with Youth Venture
The Youth Venture New York Media Network is an initiative to link young people involved or interested in socially conscious media with each other, media organizations, and experienced individuals in the media field.