March 4th, 2013
We mentioned in October 2012 that 66 Water Street Restaurant was rebranded and reopened. They remodeled and bought in Executive Chef Jonathan Lemon, from The Linc restaurant and Zigolinis to create a new contemporary American cuisine menu that includes entrees such as poached artic char, fettuccine zucchini, and a “Pat La Frieda” burger.
Then less than a month later, Hurricane Sandy hit NYC. You remember that Water Street and Main Street was hit particularly hard, which permanently closed Governor. Almondine Bakery is still rebuilding and hope to open in the spring.
66 Water Street got walloped with 18,000 cubic feet of water, drowning their newly installed kitchen, destroying computer systems, dry storage, liquor supply, furniture and 12 years of cherished memories and everything the restaurant needed to operate. But they’ve since rebuilt and opened late in 2012. They have been hosting weddings, Bar Mitzvhas, Bridal Showers, and events since then and is serving Dumbo residents. Executive Chef Jonathan Lemon has returned and is now open.
Here’s a message from 66 Water Street about events in March:
- Every weekday Happy Hour from Noon to 7pm.
- March Madness throughout March with the Final Four and Finals in the UnderWater Lounge ending the month.
- March 6th a Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser and Silent Auction and the public is invited.
- March 8 the UnderWater Lounge open at 7pm for an After Work “Loungie” Night with soft music.
- March 10 Sunday Time Out for Hunger 2013 (10%) of sales for Food Bank of NYC.
- March 11 through 21st Dine in Brooklyn.
- March 17th join us to celebrate St Patricks Day with Irish Specials both liquid and Entrees.
- March 20th we will celebrate the beginning of Spring with a SunSet Concert
- March 31st Easter Sunday with Special Entrees added to our Brunch.
- Every Sunday we serve our Booze Brunch from Noon to 4pm.
More to come in April. Check out their newly redone dining room and menu and let us know what you think.
66 Water Street Restaurant (66waterstreet.com)
66 Water Street, Brooklyn NY 11201