August 9th, 2012
United Photo Industries, in partnership with the DUMBO Business Improvement District and the New York City Department of Transportation is unveiling a 340-foot-long fence project wrapping around the Manhattan Bridge Anchorage in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (super)heroes, curated by Sam Barzilay, Director of United Photo Industries, features artists from all over the world who approached the subject of superheroes as an allegory for a deeper exploration of a social issue, whether it be the innate desire of humanity to believe in powers greater than ourselves, gender roles and stereotypes or our dreams and aspirations as we transition from childhood to adulthood.
- Alex Gross – “Cabinet Card Paintings”
- Astrid Verhoef – “Clark Kent”
- David Graham – “Superman”
- Dulce Pinzon – “The Real Story of the Superheroes”
- Gregg Segal – “Super Heroes at Home”
- Maleonn – “Works”
- Nicolas Silberfaden – “Impersonators”
- Susanne Middelberg – “Wonderwoman”
- Walter Iraheta – “Kryptonita”
Location: Adams Street, Plymouth Street, and Anchorage Place – Manhattan Bridge Anchorage, DUMBO Brooklyn
Check out (super)heroes while you get your beer under the Archway. Today is the last Thursday for Beer Under the Archway where you can get lunch and snacks from 11:30am-9pm, and beer starting at 3pm.