June 23rd, 2011
For the first Brooklyn DIY Business Association Conference, we’re bringing together the independent music industry, freelance communicators, innovators of art and craft, Internet and tech gurus, and business and service providers for a day of inspiration, information, empowerment, and networking.
Conference attendees will attend four action-packed panels and—based on the information you provide in a goal-based registration survey—will engage in an affinity group and a DIYT (Do-It-Yourself-Together) incubator group.
A full-day pass is $125 per person and includes breakfast, lunch, and evening cocktails.
More than 30 creative leaders will be speaking at the Brooklyn DIY Business Association Conference, including:
- Andrew Wagner, ReadyMade Editor-in-Chief
- Grace Bonney, Design*Sponge Founder and Editor-in-Chief
- Dean Haspiel, Illustrator for HBO’s Bored To Death, creator of Billy Dogma, Street Code, and ACT-I-VATE for web comics
- Susan Gregg Koger, Modcloth.com Chief Creative Officer?
- Melissa Helmbrecht, Splashlife.com CEO
- Shaina Feinberg, This American Life contributor, audio producer, writer, and comedian Dave Hill’s editorial director
- Danielle Maveal, Etsy Education Coordinator?
- Gregory Jackson, touring and session bassist for various artists, including Amy Winehouse, Jay-Z, and Erykah Badu
- Molly Neuman, Senior Director of Label Relations for eMusic; Owner, Simple Social Graces Discos and Kitchen, and former drummer of Bratmobile
- Evie Nagy, Managing Editor of Rollingstone.com
- Mary S. Butler, Senior Content Strategist for Razorfish?
- Ryan J. Davis, Huffington Post blogger, political pundit on The Hill, Social Media Director for Blue State Digital
- Caroline Suh, Director of Frontrunners and frontrunner of Iconoclasts
- Jessica H. Lawrence, Managing Director at New York Tech Meetup
For full conference schedule, go to diybusinessassociation.com.