September 26th, 2008
Almost every gallery, street, and building will be open in Dumbo starting today for the 12th Annual Dumbo Art Under the Bridge Festival. But for those looking to shop in between the galleries and street events, the retail scene in Dumbo will also have its doors open. A few to check out:
- Journey Home is having a 20% off furniture sale starting Friday through Monday. 166 Water Street (between Jay and Pearl) 718-797-9277
- Mikey’s Hookup is having their official grand opening party on Saturday with free wine and a professional table tennis exhibition match with Wally Green at 2pm
- The Workshop, the industrial, urban lifestyle clothing store from Jan Larsen Art is selling labels such as ALIFE, Steez, Revolver, Triple Five Soul, and WeSC. The Workshop is open Saturdays 11-6 and Sundays 11-4.
There are many many more with exhibition openings, sales, and specials you may want to explore:
- Jacques Torres, 66 Water St.
- powerHouse Arena, 37 Main St.
- half pint, 55 Washington St.
- Peas N’ Pickles, 55 Washington St.
- Blanc et Rouge, 81 Washington St.
- Frameworks NY, 81 Washington St.
- Pomme, 81 Washington St.
- Zoe, 68 Washington St.
- Tivoli Home, 111 Front St.
- Loopy Mango, 117 Front St.
- Foragers Market, 56 Adams St.
- halcyon the shop, 57 Pearl St.
- Blueberi, 143A Front St.
- Sinoluxe, 160 Water St.
- Didi Dog Boutique, 160 Water St.
- P.S. Bookshop, 145A Front St.
- Indigo Handloom, 68 Jay St.
- Jimi’s Grocery, 52 Jay St.
- Ferrigno’s Meat Market, 68 Jay St.
- Bridge Fresh Market, 68 Jay St.
- RR Frames, Inc., 57 Jay St. 2nd Floor
- Stewart/Stand, 165 Front St.
- Modern Tots, 53 Pearl St.
- Melville House Publishing, 145 Plymouth St.
- Recycle-a-Bicycle, 35 Pearl St.
- Zakka Corp., 155 Plymouth St.
- Neighborhoodies, 26 Jay St.
- H&A Upholstery, 141 Front St.
This is just a sample of retail and not a full list. Thanks to the Dumbo Improvement District for the retail list. For more listings of furniture, services, restaurants/cafes, and cultural, go to dumbonyc.org.