August 17th, 2007
1) Almondine Bakery – is offering a few new items:
- Crepes with choices of mixed fruit, chocolate spread, banana, or home made jam.
- Chocolate and coffee viennois – chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream.
- Not new, but they also have daily specials of home made ice cream and sorbets
Crepes offered Friday night after hours 7-9pm and on Sunday 2-6pm. almondinebakery.com
2) Blanc & Rouge – Free wine tastings on Wednesdays 6-9pm:
- Wed, Aug 22 – Unusual Iberian Wines for Everyone – Everyone knows the basic red Rioja, but do you know the other grapes of Iberia? Work on your Spanish and Portugese wine savvy. We’ll taste: Unusual Spanish and Portugese Rarities.
- Wed, Aug 29 – Provencal Picnic Wines – You still have time to enjoy a picnic or two before summer’s end! Let us help you find the perfect picnic wine. We’ll taste: Red, White, and Rose from Provence.
3) Hecho En Dumbo – hechoendumbo.com. Hecho En Dumbo is an event occurring every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at the Dumbo General Store (aka Café/Bar). The kitchen is open from 7pm to 1am.